My shining star

My shining star

Friday 23 February 2018

cakes!

Hello there! How are you? I am feeling a little better - thanks for your kind words - still coughing etc..but feeling less fuzzy headed!!! Maybe thats because its not morning! Anyway! I have had a good day - enjoyed the sunshine with the other 261 running ladies...we worked on sprints today - lots of fun - I enjoyed the sprinting more than the rest of the run which surprised me! This afternoon I worked on the final cake for the next few months I hope!!! So much sugar in the house! I have decided to try a sugar free March - I'll let you know how that goes!!! After making the final cake I made a card reflecting my mood!!!


Hee hee - love these new stamps from elenazinski at paperartsy....the theme there this fortnight is watercolour so I water coloured the chef in watercolour pencils and the cake in distress oxides and distress inks....


The background is, of course distress oxides, I love these colours together!


Here's the cake - some of the colours are a bit muted and haven't shown up well but I guess thats watercolouring for you...sometimes bright, sometimes not!

I would like to enter the challenge at paperartsy where the theme is watercolours.

Hope you've had a great day.... oh and here's the final cake!!!
See why I need sugar free March???




Hugs

Rachel x







16 comments:

  1. What a brilliant card Rachel, and your cake is amazing! Have a fun sugar free weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW fabulous card Rachel love the quirky images and great watercolouring-brilliant sentiment too---ooohhh chocolate-delicious looking cake and loved the brilliant Harry Potter one too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Rachel, gave me a giggle this morning, The cake looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always you are sharing a great creation with us.

    Pleased you are still running, was wondering the other day. One of my sons (mad maybe or definitely perhaps) ran the Ark of Attrition a couple of weeks ago.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and love the sentiment. That cake is amazing!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card Rachel and your cake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chef on your card is such a fun character and as for the cake - wow!!! I think this is my favourite one - probably because of all that chocolate! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Rachel. My fave stamp, your background is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card Rachel, such a fun design and great sentiment.
    Your cake is fabulous, you are a lady of many talents.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely amazing card Rachel, love the images and designs, wonderful colouring too. Your cake is a work of art.
    Pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the card Rachel but oh my word that cake looks gorgeous! huggles and glad your feeling better..Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, sorry to hear you have been poorly..hope you are feeling better. Love the card and the cake is fabulous. Take care lovely lady...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sentiment on a great card. Another amazing cake ! Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are feeling better. I just love your card the colours and design. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a tough call between the cake and the card, Rachel... yes the card is superb and the stamps great fun but chocolate? Hmmm undecided...

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx