My shining star

My shining star

Monday 21 August 2017

More blues and greens at Countryview Challenges

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are well! Its my turn to post over at Countryview Challenges today where the theme for this month is 'Blues and Greens'. It gave me the opportunity to use a stamp from the lovely Tracy Easson - I adore these ladies she does although my daughter Penny calls them sad. I think they are soulful! This set is called Soul sisters ...it reminds me of me and my friend Sandy way back when!


This is the finished piece and here's a little step by step...


This is the stamp set I used. I started by stamping the image twice - once on card and once to form a mask...


After placing the mask I started the background using distress inks...


Next I coloured the girls again using distress inks and a water brush....


I added some flowers and words and cut to size then mounted on black then on a card blank.


To finish off I used a posca pen to add some interest to the green top.

I hope you like these soulful ladies in blue and green - maybe you'll join in the challenge this month! 

Big hugs

Rachel x

19 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really love this card, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card Rachel, a great one to send to a special friend or sister even. I love the colours you've used too.

    Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Soul,sisters. Love your card. Off to see what other sets they do. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found them on Which Crafts. They are all fab. The question is which one to
    I buy first.!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally beautiful Rachel, I can see what both you and Penny mean about the girl's expressions, but whatever it's a gorgeous image, beautifully designed card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Rachel, love these soulful sisters and I too can see how Penny thinks they are sad.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really LOVE Tracy's stamps, they have such beautiful poses, very thoughtful I think but I can see why Penny thinks they look sad too. Your colour choices are beautiful, the card is gorgeous, I just love how you added the white dots to the green top! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Rachel, I love the Wonky Tonks stamp, I think they are pretty.
    Pauline
    - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Wonky Tonk stamp beautifully coloured and great distressed background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, lovely girls but a little sad (that's true Penny)! Great colouring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Rachel and I love how you've used Tracy's stamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great friendship (or sisterhood!) image. Lovely card, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Rachel! I think the soul sisters are really looking a little bit sad (sorry Rachel, but Penny was right), but I like them.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel...long time I know...don't know where the last few weeks have gone..so just having a little catch up!! Love this...I have these stamps and you have made them look even more gorgeous...xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx