My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 24 June 2017

Born to perform!

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are doing well. Thankyou for any comments you left on my last post that included CB Hochanda show samples. I think the shows were lovely and Lesley did a fabulous job. Love my season ladies!

Today I want to share with you another visible image card I made - this one uses mostly stamps from the Born to perform set but the birds I added were from 'ahead of our time'.


The bottom background was made using distress oxides - peeled paint, cracked pistachio and broken china. The background behind the dancer was done using distress inks - the same colours plus twisted citron and lucky clover.


I love that tutu - its such a fabulous effect - I added the birds from the other stamp set - I think she rather looks like a magician!!!!

Its my lovely mums birthday today and we'll be off to Clarity Cumbria for the day - I have baked so I hope everybody is hungry! Tonight I'm taking mum to a show in the village - looking forward to that!

Big hugs

Rachel x

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Rachel...
    Have a lovely day with your Mum... happy Birthday to here...
    hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant image, you have created a beauty Rachel. Enjoy your day & i'm sure the cakes will be very much appreciated.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous rachel, love the backgrounds and the image is really powerful !!

    Happy Birthday to mum and hope you all have a great day sweetie xx

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, the distress inks look great with the oxide inked background. Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating with your Mum, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous Rachel. What a clever design idea to use the birds with that lovely ballerina. It's also interesting to see the two backgrounds using the distress and oxides in the same colours. I love this card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Rachel.....Have a fab day.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Rachel, such a beautiful image.
    I hope your Mum has a lovely Birthday.
    Pauline -
    Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Rachel. I hope you and mum have a lovely day..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes to your mum Rachel, I hope you had a lovely day together. Love the card, the ballerina is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel absolutely gorgeous card, I love the colours in the background, fab blending and the dancer image is so lovely, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous backgrounds and gorgeous silhouette stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx