My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 27 April 2017

life's what you make it

Hello Lovelies - well where has this week gone to eh? I feel like I am over the jet lag but really I'm not up to speed with everything at home - hence my lack of posts! I took a bit of time out today to do a journal page for the junk journal junkies over on facebook. The theme is lessons and the coloours ivory, purple and gold...I forgot the gold but this is what I came up with.


I started with violet storms infusions and then used distress inks to add the background thru' a clarity stencil and also a stencil girl stencil.


A close up of the part of the page with the face created from the stencil girl stencil.
I added the words and then stamped the indigo blu feather stamps.

My words mean a lot to me on many levels. I know that life can be cruel and hard but if you choose to see the glass as half full things never seem so bad.

Big hugs

Rachel x

9 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, love the colours. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, love the colours. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages and sentiment and I agree with you the half full rather than half empty glass approach makes a huge difference. Glad you're over the jet lag at last. Enjoy the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic page Rachel.......sadly some people aren't strong enough to pull themseleves up and enjoy life for many reasons...... but my glass is always half full sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Rachel....a stunning page with beautiful colours and that stencil image is wonderful.....need to think half full this week and be more positive thanks for cheering me up xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel I love the design and colours, you are so very talented, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Rachel, lovely colours.
    I hope you manage to get back up to speed soon.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page and the design! Lovely words and so very true too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are over the jet lag Rachel! Your page is beautiful, I love the stencilling and the beautiful colour! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx