My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 27 October 2016

dreams of summer

Hello there! How are you? We are back home now after a few days away visiting Shaun's mum and brother's family. Its been a lovely few days. My mum came with us too and we had lots of fun. We managed to get out every day and did plenty of walking - not too many complaints from the girls which is great!

I made a card in the attic tonight - trying to get caught up and get ahead really. This is a just because card - I've had these stamps almost a month nd not inked them up until tonight - love them. They are from Paperartsy - eclectica-rubber-stamp-sheet-by-kay-carley.


I masked off the outer edges and used distress to build up the middle portion. Then I did the stamping.


Finally I restamped the flower heads and stuck them to the card.

I have a few pics to share with you from the last few days...


     

Hee hee - that one of Penny is sooooo funny! These were all at Biddulph Grange today - the colour in the China garden was amazing!!!

Better get off to sleep I think!

Hugs

Rachel x

14 comments:

  1. lovely card and great pictures. sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally love your card Rachel x love those stamps and the way in which you have showcased them xx
    Enjoy the rest of the October break and hugs to the girls too

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Rachel! You had really great days with Shaun's family! Your workshop is in the attic? Haha - mine as well :-) Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to make a just because card Rachel and this one ticks all my boxes - well there's a Poppy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love those stamps. Great pics too glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Rachel, we had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beautiful card has me wishing for sunnier days.... Love the photos, glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Rachel, love the background panel and beautiful flowers. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for sharing some of the photo's.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous card Rachel, I love the stamps that you've used. Enjoyed seeing your photos here and on FB, looks like you all had a fabulous time.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Rachel, a beautiful design.
    I'm so pleased that you have had a lovely few days away.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cheerful card, Rachel! It's a breath of fresh air I need after all the grungy crafting I've been doing for 2 weeks straight! I loved seeing your photos, too! Rachel is too funny in that Dracula shot! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beauty.I love the way you have done the panel in the middle of the card. Hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely photos and glad you enjoyed your time away. Sorry I'm playing catch up yet again. Your card is lovely. I've not seen those pretty stamps before. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stamps-I bought a set from Polka Doodles two months ago and not used them yet!love the pics looks like you had a great time
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx