My shining star

My shining star

Monday 30 November 2015

A most wonderful day ....

Hello all! How are you? I hope you've survived the weather. It really has been incredibly windy up here - hope all is okay where you are.

On Saturday I had the most wonderful day at a workshop at Clarity Cumbria with the wonderful Jo Rice. We all spent the day decorating letters spelling a 5 letter word. I chose the word Dream and these are my results:



I used a different technique on each letter but in all cases started with gesso then worked throughout with paperartsy paints. On the D I used the Tim Holtz paper distress mosaic kit. I made the papers up using distress inks (thanks Babs) and an Indigo blu stamp. On the R I used a clarity stencil and grunge paste and after painting added glass beads. The E was first painted a purple colour then paperartsy crackle glaze was added before overpainting in pink. Once dry I stamped with a clarity stamp. The A was painted then stamped in versa mark with the clarity snowflake stamps and white embossing powder was added. I also added some blue dots that I later topped with glossy accents. The M had Jo's bubbles added in Wendy Vecchi crackle paste and when dry was painted. Next I added flitterglu and flake using an indigoblu stamp.  Finally I added glossy accents to the blobs too.

A really fun day - we had a christmas buffet :



which was wonderful ... and plenty of time to be nosy!

So a wonderful day all in all!

I can't believe we're into December tomorrow - where does the time go?

Have a lovely day!

Rachel xx

18 comments:

  1. Catching up after my craft fairs. This is fabulous, the A is my fave, love the colour and looks so vibrant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic Rachel the letter all look so good. It looks like you had a super time. Hope it less windy for you today.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, it's brilliant , adorable finish on your creation.xx
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful letters Rachel, glad you had a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous work love the mosaic one ... Stunning... Happy you had a good day....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time Rachel and a lovely project as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your day was good,love your letters.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely word to choose and you certainly did some great techniques. The lunch looks delicious! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, you have made a beautiful home decoration!!! Nice colours, lovely chosen word, great techniques! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous letters Rachel, glad you had a great day.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you did have a fab day Rachel, lovin those letters and what a spread !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fabulous and loving the designs on each letter. It has been very windy here too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous letters Rachel. Love the different designs on each one. Sounds like you had a great day.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Rachel your letters looks stunning and it sounds as if it was a wonderful event! The Christmas lunch looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Absolutely amazing results and such a great word! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh Rachel, I love what you've done with the letters...all so different yet they look perfect together. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully decorated letters Rachel, love them!!
    All the fod looks yummy, hope you enjoyed it, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic project Rachel. Looks like it was fun to make!
    Love all the different techniques you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx